Wednesday, May 27, 2015

DIY Laundry Detergent

Last week I made my own laundry detergent for the very first time! It was 100 times easier than I thought it was going to be. For some reason I thought it was going to be complicated because if it wasn't then why wouldn't everyone do it? Well I'm here to tell you it was easy peasy and I honestly do not know why people buy laundry detergent. By making it yourself, you are saving yourself money! I made a powder version but there is also a liquid version using the same ingredients. 

http://lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com/2015/05/diy-laundry-detergent.html

Here's what you'll need:
1. 3 cups Borax
2. 3 cups Baking Soda
3. 3 cups Washing Soda
4. 2 bars of Fels Naptha
5. 20 drops of essential oils {I used breathe & balance}




This recipe makes about a gallon and you only need to use 1 to 2 tablespoons per load, depending on size. So you can get about 128 to 256 loads of laundry out of this batch!

Here's what you'll do:
1. Grate the soap with a cheese grater
2. Add essential oils to soap and mix together
3. In a bucket combine all ingredients: soap mixture, borax, baking soda, and washing soda... then pour into container {I washed empty tea and orange juice bottles and used them as my containers}





 When mixing everything together, do it in layers... this will make it easier for you to get a more even mixture. Voila! You've got yourself some laundry detergent and it was THAT easy. If you'd like a fabric softener, I've heard of people adding 1/4 cup of white vinegar to their load although I've never tried it myself.






For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hello Bar